If there is one thing that has rung true through the ages it is that food really can be the way to a man’s heart. So if you are looking to impress a potential partner then you might want to consider sharpening up on your cooking skills.One of the more entertaining meals to make that your man is guaranteed to enjoy is of course pizza!
We aren’t talking about just popping a frozen one in the oven or ordering takeaway, but making it from scratch. Yes making it from scratch can seem like an intimidating affair but it doesn’t have to be and generally the results are pretty good too. It also allows you to control exactly what you are putting in and on your pizza, which is an ideal way to get your man away from the usual ‘meat feast’ that they go for.
Here is our perfect pizza recipe and feel free to add whatever toppings you like, we’re going for cherry tomatoes, rocket and prosciutto.
– For the crust combine yeast with water, salt and sugar. Let this combination rest for 10 minutes and it will allow the yeast to activate. Next up stir in the flour and olive oil. Mix until the dough is no longer sticky and place on a flat surface that you have covered with flour. This is where the work comes in as you have to knead the dough for 5 or so minutes. Set it to the side for 90 minutes in a bowl and cover with cling film, it should be allowed to reach room temperature.
– A simple way to make the sauce is puree the ingredients, be sure to keep some chunky texture with the tomatoes and this will add to the rustic look and feel of your pizza.
– Next up you should preheat the oven and if you are serious about making your own pizza then you might already have a pizza stone to put in the oven tray.
– Put the dough on a floured surface and roll it out with a pin, you should make around 2 pizzas which are roughly 12 inches in diameter.
– Once you have rolled the dough you will be ready to decorate your pizza with the sauce and any of the toppings you wish to use. Layer on either grated or slices of cheese such as mozzarella or goat’s cheese depending on your taste. Be sure not to add any salads that will wilt before you cook the pizza!
– Cook the pizza for 8 minutes on either a pizza stone or an over tray. Be wary of putting it on a smaller tray, as this will cause the pizza to hang over the edge and make it look less inviting.
– Once the pizza is golden brown take it from the oven and then add any toppings that you prefer to be fresher such as the prosciutto and Parmesan shavings.